Tuesday, March 20, 2012

an introduction

 
  This might be an attempt to organize my life and career or just another way to distract myself from both. Time will tell. Today is the first day of spring which seems like a good excuse to start something new, it's easier than New Year's Day. January has too much pressure...  and it's January! How anyone could be motivated to do anything other than hide under wool blankets or play in the snow is beyond me.  


More than ever I want things to feel airy, with windows open and sunlight pouring in, it's necessary after a cozy but stuffy winter. Baseball is around the corner, flowers are back, summer clothes are already in store windows. I get excited about the start of any season but Spring is long awaited. It's safe to daydream about swimming in the middle of the ocean now because I know it's just around the corner.  


It's strange how you associate certain movies, books and places with a season. You do that right? No? Just me? Spring makes me want to fly to San Francisco, read 'The Stranger' and watch 'Roman Holiday.' Summer arrives and it's Maine, 'Death in Venice' and 'The Graduate' but I'm not going to rush it, I have until June 20th before those kick in.      
                                                                                          
        

1 comment:

  1. I love audrey so much :)
    amazing photo!!!

    bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete