Friday, March 23, 2012

Marriage

    I'm in one of those weird transition periods of my life right now. It's such a bizarre feeling to recognize growth as it's happening, rather than reading an old journal that makes you cringe or through old friends with "remember when you use to be like..." It's only happened to me a few times, where I was conscious of evolving but I don't think you ever know the true extent of it until much later and maybe not even then, unless you're in therapy.


Marriage has definitely made me more introspective but I think there's a very thin line between getting to know yourself and losing yourself completely. I say that while in my first year of marriage so I really can't say for sure but it seems like something that will always be a struggle, it's a beautiful struggle, I can say that much. 


"To get the full value of joy, you must have someone to divide it with" - Mark Twain

Photos of Paul Newman & Joanne Woodward.

No comments:

Post a Comment